CompTIA A+ (220-1001) Essentials Training
The CompTIA A+ certification is the starting point for those who want to make IT their career. Globally recognised as the industry validation for entry-level computer technicians, this certification lays the foundation for mastery in computer and mobile hardware installation, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance.
About This Course
CompTIA A+ certification validates entry-level skills in today’s essential IT domains, including computer repair, software & operating systems, network administration, information security, cloud computing, and troubleshooting of both desktops and mobile devices. A+ certified technicians also learn customer service & communication skills in order to effectively interact with technical and non-technical employees.
Globally recognised as the industry validation for entry-level computer technicians, the CompTIA A+ certification lays the foundation for mastery in computer and mobile hardware installation, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance.
A+ Exam Format: Multiple choice, Drag & drops, and Performance-based questions
Duration: The time-limit for each A+ exam is 90 minutes.
Length: a maximum of 90 questions each.
Exam Cost: A+ test cost $226 USD.
Passing Grade: 675 out of 900 for A+ Essentials
CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT and is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. Jobs like support specialist, field service technician, desktop support analyst and help desk tier 2 support use the skills validated by CompTIA A+ certification.
Furthermore, companies like Intel, Dell, Ricoh, Nissan, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and HP all look for CompTIA A+ certification in hiring.
Other CompTIA A+ job titles include the following:
- Service desk analyst
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- Associate network engineer
- Data support technician
- Desktop support administrator
- End-user computing technician
- Help desk technician
- System support specialist
- IT support specialist: $54,500
- Field service technician: $46,000
- Desktop support analyst: $60,000
- Help desk tier 2 support: $45,000
- A basic familiarity with computers and networks is helpful.
- CompTIA recommends having 9-12 months of on-the-job experience before taking the A+ exam. This is recommended but not required.
- All those who are interested in pursuing a career in information technology, specifically related to PC technology, are encouraged to undertake this program.